This is a translation of the Tatar original.
Our mission is to help you learn. Our vision is to see students who have completed our curriculum demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to study in top universities of the world.
Hello! The goal of the selimcan.org project is to develop a free/gratis online curriculum consisting of:
- a reading and spelling course;
- a math course covering mathematics from arithmetic to calculus;
- a list of books which, in our opinion, anyone should have read by the time they finish high-school; original texts of these books along with their translations; question or problem sets to test reading comprehension;
- an explanatory dictionary;
- an encyclopedia, and
- a book teaching basics of computer program design,
assembled prererably from material published under free/libre licenses, and mainly targeted at self-learners.
We plan to do the following:
- developing lesson plans a-la Siegfried Engelmann’s “Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons” for teaching basic reading and writing skills;
- translating the “math” section of Khan Academy
- selecting books which, in our opinion, anyone should have read by the time they finish high-school; preparing question/problem sets for these books; translating them if necessary;
- creating explanatory dictionaries on wiktionary.org;
- translating selected articles of English Wikipedia;
- translating the book on program design at htdp.org (if we’ll be able to obtain a permission to do so); translating the course at appinventor.org on Android Development;
- localizing the Debian GNU/Linux operating system.
If you have any questions or feedback or want to help, please write to ‘contact at selimcan dot org’.
One of the talks which inspired us to start this project: